Miami Sex Crimes Lawyer
Defending Against Sex Crime Charges in Miami-Dade County
The term “sex crimes” refers to a wide variety of offenses that are sexual in nature. These offenses include everything from indecent exposure to sexual assault to possession of child pornography and more. Even though these offenses all fall under the broad category of sex crimes, each offense requires different things to prove that it actually occurred. For this reason and more, sex crimes are difficult to navigate and should be left in the hands of a knowledgeable sex crimes attorney, such as Armando J. Hernandez.
At the Law Office of Armando J. Hernandez, P.A., our Miami sex crimes attorney has over 19 years of experience in this practice area. In fact, he is also a former prosecutor who successfully handled thousands of criminal cases at the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office. This unique experience allowed him to develop an understanding of how prosecutors work, as well as how one will likely approach your case. As your representative, our firm will work relentlessly to get the charges you are facing reduced or dismissed.
Have you been accused of a sex crime? Call the Law Office of Armando J. Hernandez, P.A. today at (305) 400-0074 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our sex crimes attorney in Miami.
Types Of Sex Crimes in Florida
We can defend you against the following sex crimes and more:
- Child pornography
- Indecent exposure
- Prostitution solicitation
- Sexual battery and rape
- Lewd and lascivious battery
What Are the Penalties For Sex Crimes in Florida?
If you are convicted of a sex crime, you may face many different consequences, including:
- Years in jail or prison
- Thousands of dollars in fines and court fees
- Lifelong, mandatory registration as a sex offender
- Being ostracized by family, friends, and loved ones
- The loss of your job and an irreparably damaged professional reputation
Florida Sex Offender Registry
In the state of Florida, individuals convicted of sex crimes need to register with local law enforcement and have their mug shots and addresses appear online. If you are convicted of a sex crime, other personal information will be easily accessible online to the general public, such as your name, current offender status, date of birth, identifying characteristics, and more. This is why it is absolutely essential to retain effective advocacy and fight a conviction. Our Miami sex crimes attorney can guide you through each stage of the criminal process and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. We can also ensure your rights and best interests are always fully protected. You can count on us for the effective advocacy you deserve.
Defense Against Sex Crime Charges
In the state of Florida, there are multiple legal defenses that could be used to defend against sex crime charges; these can include:
- Consent: If the sexual activity was consensual, no crime might have occurred. However, in Florida, there are restrictions on when consent can be used as a defense, specifically in cases involving minors.
- Lack of intent: If the defendant did not have the intention to commit a sex crime or was unknowing that the other person did not consent, it may be likely to argue that no crime was committed.
- False accusations: If the accuser had a motive to falsely accuse the defendant, it might be possible to argue that the allegations that were made are not true.
- Police misconduct: If there was police misconduct in acquiring evidence or conducting the investigation, arguing that the evidence should be excluded from the trial could be possible.
Ultimately, every case is unique, and the best defense strategy will be dependent on the specific circumstances of the case. Criminal defense attorney Armando J. Hernandez, who is experienced in handling sex crime cases in Florida, can help determine the best defense strategy to use for you and your specific case.
Contact Our Sex Crimes Attorney in Miami Today
If you are facing accusations of a sex crime in Miami, it's important to seek experienced legal representation as soon as possible. At the Law Office of Armando J. Hernandez, P.A., we understand the sensitive and complex nature of these criminal cases and will work to ensure that your rights are protected and that you attain the best possible outcome for your case. Contact us today to request your free consultation and learn more about how we can help you.
Contact the Law Office of Armando J. Hernandez, P.A., today to get started on your defense with our Miami sex crimes lawyer.