Defense You Can Trust
The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act is a powerful and complex United States federal law. The RICO Act includes:
- Lengthy prison sentences.
- Forfeiture of the defendant's assets and property.
- Significant fines.
- Civil lawsuits for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization.
An individual who is a member of an organization has committed two or more criminal acts throughout ten years with charges of racketeering. Furthermore, the racketeer must relinquish all unjustly obtained wealth and interest in any business gained through a pattern of racketeering activity.
If a person is convicted of a RICO violation, they may be penalized with the following:
- Maximum punishment on a single RICO charge is imprisonment for 20 years
- Relinquishment of any wealth or interest obtained through the business involved in RICO violations
Racketeering charges for a RICO violation can be severe.
Therefore, you and/or your business will need aggressive legal counsel to counteract the efforts that federal investigators and prosecutors will undergo in an attempt to put you in jail.
Over 20 Years of Defense Experience
Thousands of Cases Successfully Handled
Free Initial Case Review
Exclusive Focus on Criminal Defense Law
Former State Prosecutor