Defense You Can Trust
The Law Office of Armando J. Hernandez, P.A. is your trusted source for legal representation when it comes to drug trafficking cases in Florida. We are committed to providing the highest level of representation, ensuring your rights are protected, and advocating for the best possible outcome in your case. When your future is at stake, trust our Miami drug trafficking attorney - Armando J. Hernandez, Esq, to fight for you.
Call the Law Office of Armando J. Hernandez, P.A. today at (305) 400-0074 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our drug trafficking lawyer in Miami.
What is Drug Trafficking?
Drug trafficking is a serious criminal offense involving the illegal distribution, transportation, sale, or possession of controlled substances. In Miami, the penalties for drug trafficking are severe and can lead to life-altering consequences. Convictions for drug trafficking can result in substantial fines, long prison sentences, and a criminal record. Florida, in particular, has strict drug trafficking laws, making it crucial to have a skilled attorney by your side.
Drug trafficking charges typically depend on the type and quantity of drugs involved. Common substances associated with drug trafficking include cocaine, marijuana, heroin, methamphetamines, and prescription medications when obtained without a valid prescription.
What are the Penalties for Drug Trafficking in Florida?
Penalties for drug trafficking in Florida are among the harshest in the nation. The severity of punishment depends on the type and quantity of the controlled substance involved. Here's an overview of the potential penalties you may face:
- Cocaine Trafficking: Trafficking in cocaine can result in a minimum mandatory sentence of three years. The mandatory minimum sentence depends on the quantity of cocaine involved.
- Marijuana Trafficking: Marijuana trafficking penalties vary depending on the weight of the marijuana. For example, trafficking in 25 pounds or more can lead to a minimum sentence of three years and a fine of $25,000. The penalties increase with greater quantities.
- Heroin Trafficking: Heroin trafficking carries a minimum mandatory sentence of three years. The severity of the penalty is determined by the weight of the heroin.
- Methamphetamine Trafficking: Like other controlled substances, trafficking in methamphetamines leads to mandatory minimum sentences and substantial fines based on the quantity involved.
Defenses Against Drug Trafficking Charges
Some common defenses against drug trafficking charges may include:
- Illegal Search and Seizure: If law enforcement violated your Fourth Amendment rights at the time of a search or seizure, evidence obtained during that search may be suppressed, possibly leading to a dismissal of charges.
- Lack of Knowledge or Possession: You may not have been aware of the presence of drugs or had control over them. In such cases, establishing your lack of knowledge or possession is a viable defense.
- Improper Handling of Evidence: We can investigate the evidence in your case to identify any discrepancies or mishandling of evidence that could cast doubt on the prosecution's case.
- Coerced Confessions: If you were forced or coerced into making self-incriminating statements, we can challenge the admissibility of those statements in court.
- Chain of Custody Issues: Ensuring the proper handling and documentation of evidence is essential. Any break in the chain of custody may call the integrity of the evidence into question.
Contact Our Drug Trafficking Lawyer in Miami Today
The repercussions of a drug trafficking conviction can be life-changing, affecting your freedom, financial stability, and future prospects. Armando J. Hernandez, Esq., has a deep understanding of Florida's drug trafficking laws and a commitment to delivering the best possible defense. Your future is our priority, and our Miami drug trafficking attorney is ready to stand by your side throughout the legal process.
Contact the Law Office of Armando J. Hernandez, P.A. today to get started with our Miami drug trafficking attorney.
Over 20 Years of Defense Experience
Thousands of Cases Successfully Handled
Free Initial Case Review
Exclusive Focus on Criminal Defense Law
Former State Prosecutor