Defense You Can Trust
Miami Prostitution Solicitation Attorney
Effectively Defending Individuals Against Sex Crime Charges
Prostitution in Miami can result in serious charges for each person involved. Soliciting, coercing, and engaging in prostitution are all criminal acts that could lead to jail time and high fines. The police occasionally run sting operations to catch individuals soliciting for prostitution. To be arrested for involvement in prostitution or solicitation, an individual simply has to be involved in a conversation discussing the exchange of money for a sexual act.
Is Prostitution Legal in Miami Florida?
Under Florida law, an individual may be arrested for involvement in the following crimes:
- Involvement with sex trafficking
- Consciously renting space to be used for prostitution
- Coercing or forcing someone to engage in prostitution
- Consciously benefiting from earnings made from prostitution
Penalties for Involvement in Prostitution
You may face imprisonment:
- Up to 60 days for a second-degree misdemeanor
- Up to one year for a first-degree misdemeanor
- Up to five years for a third-degree felony
- Up to 15 years for a second-degree felony
- Up to 30 years or life imprisonment for a first-degree felony
You could face fines:
- Up to $500 for a second-degree misdemeanor
- Up to $1,000 for a first-degree misdemeanor
- Up to $5,000 for a third-degree felony
- Up to $10,000 for a second- or first-degree felony
Additional penalties may include counseling, community service, and/or driver’s license revocation. This is why it is absolutely necessary that you hire a skilled prostitution solicitation attorney in Miami if you are facing any types of prostitution-related charges.
Call Law Office of Armando J. Hernandez, P.A. today at (305) 400-0074 or contact us online to learn more about our Miami sex crimes attorney and how we can help you.
Over 20 Years of Defense Experience
Thousands of Cases Successfully Handled
Free Initial Case Review
Exclusive Focus on Criminal Defense Law
Former State Prosecutor