Obstruction of Justice Lawyer in Miami
Miami Defense Lawyer Protecting Your Rights & Fighting for Your Best Interests
There are many ways in which a defendant may find that they are facing criminal charges for obstruction of justice. Obstruction of justice is an offense which involves a perpetrator who disrupts the actions of law enforcement, courts, prosecutors, or other governmental agencies.
Work with a Miami obstruction of justice attorney today! Schedule your free consultation with the Law Office of Armando J. Hernandez, P.A.
There are numerous types of specific offenses that relate to the obstruction of justice, all listed in Florida Statutes, Chapter 843. A skilled criminal defense lawyer in Miami will be able to explain your situation to you and help you figure out your next best steps for moving forward.
The following offenses may be considered obstructing justice:
- Resisting an officer
- Offenses against police animals
- Falsely impersonating a police officer
- Failure to appear after release on bail
- Delivering tools to jail to aid in escape
- Neglect or refusal to aid police officers
- Possession of a concealed handcuff key
- Unlawful use of police communications
- Depriving the victim of a crime of medical care
- Fleeing or attempting to evade law enforcement
- Escape through negligence or voluntary action of an officer
If a person is convicted of obstruction of justice, they may be at risk of facing the following penalties:
- Court fees
- Imprisonment in county jail or state prison