Miami Domestic Violence Attorney
Defending Clients Charged With Domestic Violence in Miami-Dade County
Domestic violence is a serious issue that can have lifelong repercussions for its victims. Many people are unaware of the potential legal consequences of engaging in such activity, so it is important to understand the gravity of this charge when dealing with such crimes. At our firm, we are experienced in providing legal counsel to help those who have been accused of domestic violence and those who may be victims of abuse or assault.
Our Miami domestic violence lawyer is a dedicated professional with the knowledge and experience to guide you through the difficult justice process. Everyone deserves fair representation regardless of their situation and we will do everything possible to protect your rights throughout the criminal process.
Are you facing a domestic violence charge in Florida? Call the Law Office of Armando J. Hernandez, P.A. today at (305) 400-0074 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our domestic violence lawyer in Miami!
What Constitutes Domestic Violence in Florida?
In Florida, the law establishes that a domestic violence offense occurs when a family or household member commits any act of physical violence against or threatens violence or abuse against another family or household member.
Domestic violence cases are treated differently than other criminal cases. There are chosen prosecutors and domestic violence units in the prosecutor’s office ready to prosecute any person charged with domestic violence aggressively. If facing these charges, you should retain a skilled domestic violence attorney in Miami.
What are the Penalties for Domestic Violence?
The penalties for domestic violence in the state of Florida are as follows:
- Up to one year in jail and/or significant fines for misdemeanor offenses such as simple assault and battery
- Lengthy prison sentences, restitution payments, extra costs associated with legal counsel, and even life imprisonment in some cases for more serious felonies such as aggravated assault or domestic battery by strangulation
- Possible loss of gun rights
- Probation and/or mandatory counseling It is important to note that the penalties for domestic violence vary from case to case, so it is essential to seek legal help immediately if you are facing charges.
- A restraining order from the victim
- Community service
Types of Domestic Violence
In the state of Florida there are several types of domestic violence offenses that may be prosecuted depending on the situation, including:
- Constant harassment
- Threats of physical harm
- Obligated sexual acts
- Unwanted sexual contact
Physical Assault or Abuse
- Hair pulling
Domestic Violence Cases Our Law Firm Handles
Our firm handles all types of domestic violence cases, including:
- Child abuse
- Spousal rape
- Emotional abuse
- False incarceration
- Assault or aggravated assault
- Battery or aggravated battery
- Stalking or aggravated stalking
- Sexual assault or sexual battery
- Any crime that results in physical injury or death
Fighting Child Abuse Allegations in Miami
- Physical child abuse is shaking, beating, hitting, biting, or burning a child.
- Sexual child abuse is incest, any kind of enforced sexual doings, exposure to sexual stimulation inappropriate for the child’s age.
- Neglect is another form of child abuse which is the consistent failure to provide the necessities for a child’s physical needs, such as food, shelter, clothing, and medical care. Failure to provide a child with emotional needs, such as affection, attention, and supervision is also child abuse.
Under Florida law, child abuse is a felony offense. It may classify as a first-degree or third-degree felony, depending on the distinct situation of the case.
The child abuse offenses and their corresponding penalties are as follows:
- “Simple” child abuse involves purposely causing physical or mental harm to a child, or engaging in an act that could reasonably cause injury to a child. This is a third-degree felony and, it is punishable by law up to 5 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $5,000.
- “Aggravated” child abuse involves causing severe bodily injury, permanent deformity, or permanent disability. It may also consist of any act of aggravated battery against a child which may include deliberate or willful torment, hateful punishment, or confinement. Aggravated child abuse is a first-degree felony, and it is punishable by law up to 30 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $10,000.
Protecting Your Rights in Domestic Violence Cases
At Law Office of Armando J. Hernandez, P.A., we understand the serious nature of domestic violence charges and the impact they can have on your life. Our experienced Miami domestic violence attorney is dedicated to protecting your rights and providing you with a strong defense.
When facing domestic violence allegations, it is crucial to have a skilled attorney on your side who can navigate the complexities of the legal system. We will thoroughly investigate your case, gather evidence, and build a strategic defense tailored to your specific situation.
Our domestic violence defense services include:
- Legal representation for clients charged with domestic violence in Miami-Dade County
- Explanation of what constitutes domestic violence under Florida law
- Explanation of the penalties for domestic violence convictions
- Defense against various types of domestic violence, including sexual abuse and physical assault
- Assistance in fighting child abuse allegations in Miami
Don't wait to protect your rights and future. Contact our dedicated Miami domestic violence lawyer today for a confidential consultation.
Contact Our Miami Domestic Violence Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one has been accused of any domestic violence offense in Florida, it is incredibly important that you seek legal help as soon as possible. Our experienced team of criminal defense lawyers will do everything possible to ensure your rights are respected throughout the entire process and fight for the best possible outcome in your case. Do not hesitate to contact us today for more information and immediate assistance.
Contact Armando J. Hernandez, P.A. today to schedule a FREE consultation with our domestic violence attorney in Miami!